Monday, August 10, 2009

August Update

Well, I've already started off on the wrong track with my blogging! Since my last update I've been to Dallas, Fort Worth and back! Every year EDJE.com sends a few of us to the Ag Media Summit. This year we were chosen to put on some workshops. Erica and I teamed up for the Designing for the Web :: What Works Online and Amber and Shari did the Fresh Designs workshop. We were all a bit nervous because we weren't sure if our focus was right on for the crowd attending but it seems we were right on. We have had a lot of good feed back and even some calls from new potential clients! All and all it was a great trip but I'm glad to be back and get to work after some refreshing networking.

My best friend since 5th grade, Ashley B., is visiting from Ohio....I haven't seen her since December! We planned to go tubing in Eldora today but they have been declared a disaster area after some strong storms passed through Iowa. So we had a change of plans and are headed to Saylorville lake to rent a pontoon boat! Hopefully the sun will come out soon...I need to catch me some rays!

Other than that I spent a good majority of the day designing some announcements and invites. Here are the newest ones that I've completed. They are for a friend's daughter's first birthday! Check for more updates coming soon! In the mean time, I've updated my online portfolio, www.designtlf.carbonmade.com -- check it out!

0 comments:

Post a Comment